Our Admissions Process
If you think Inscape House School would be a suitable school for your child, here is a handy checklist of what to do next.
- Firstly, contact us on InscapeAdmissions@togethertrust.org.uk or call 0161 283 4750 (ask to speak to the admissions team) to book onto one of our open mornings. This way you can find out more about our school and if we could meet your child’s needs.
- All students must have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) that refers to autism as being the primary need.
- If you are interested in your child attending Inscape House School then you should contact your local authority to indicate this preference. Your local authority SENDIASS service can support you with this.
- The local authority will then issue a formal consultation, we will then start an admissions assessment.
- Once the admissions assessment is complete, we notify the local authority of our decision.
What is the admissions assessment?
When a local authority issues a formal consultation, the admissions team complete a staged assessment. This means we complete the assessment one stage at a time, only progressing to the next stage if the outcome of each stage demonstrates we could potentially meet need and possibly have capacity in an appropriate cohort.
- Paperwork assessment, does the EHCP state that autism is the primary need, do we have a space in an appropriate cohort?
- Speak with current / previous setting and other professionals about the child. Observe child in current setting. Does the evidence suggest that our approaches would benefit the child?
- Invite child and family to Inscape House School and gain child’s view and that of parents / carers. Does the child and their family feel that Inscape House School would be an appropriate school?
For further information about our admissions procedure, please ready our Admissions Policy https://www.togethertrust.org.uk/sites/default/files/IHS%20Admissions%20Policy.pdf
Any additional questions you may have can be answered at our open mornings. We look forward to hearing from you!