Recycle with the Together Trust
Recycle and raise money for the Together Trust!
Do you have unused clothes, accessories or tech laying around at home? Why not donate them and raise money for our life-changing services across Greater Manchester? All money raised from items you donate will go to the Together Trust and towards supporting the people in our services.
We are always looking for donations of unwanted items which can be dropped off with the fundraising team as a part of Recycling for Good Causes. Items which we can accept for Recycling for Good Causes are:
- Jewellery & Watches (in any material even if damaged or broken)
- Currency – Any coins or banknotes, UK & foreign (even if out of circulation)
- Mobile Phones
- Cameras (old film, digital and video)
- Stamps (Loose, single, albums, first day covers, presentation packs, collections)
- Gadgets (Sat-Navs, Tablets, Ipods, MP3 players, games consoles, games & accessories).
We also run regular Declutter and Donate events at our Central Office in Cheadle, take a look below to see our upcomming events and to find out more information:
Events you might like
What happens to the items I donate?
At our declutter and donate events we invite members of the public to donate clothing and soft toys in varying conditions to the fundraising team. We then sort through all donations and separate out the items that are in saleable condition – this includes items that still have tags on and items that are in nearly new / very good condition. These are then listed over time on our online shops and taken to in person events or pop-up shops.
Anything remaining that isn’t in a saleable condition is collected by a company called Bag2School who recycle the remaining clothing and fabric in exchange for a donation by weight to the Together Trust, ensuring we maximise income from the event and prevent as much as possible from going to landfill.
What can we collect at Declutter and Donate?
We accept the following ‘good quality’ items for RE-USE*:
- Men's, ladies and children's clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Scarves and ties
- Soft toys
- Household linen
- Household curtains
- Household towels
- Household bedding (bed sheets, pillowcases and duvet covers)
- Jewellery and watches
- Coins and currency
- Games consoles
- Mobile phones
*We reserve the right to refuse any unsuitable item
We DO NOT accept:
- Duvets and blankets
- Pillows and cushions
- Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
- Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing
- School uniforms with and without logo
- Corporate clothing and workwear
- Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
- White Goods
- Lamps, bulbs & lighting
Do I need to put items in a designated Bag2School bag?
No! We will be accepting items in bin bags as well as Bag2School bags. Please remember to keep the bags dry during inclement weather.
The bags we use are recycled and biodegradable.